ytt is a templating tool that understands YAML structure
allowing you to focus on your data instead of how to properly escape it.
# Configurations picked up from a directory $ ytt -f examples/playground/example-demo/ | kubectl apply -f- # Input customized on command line or file configuration $ ytt -f examples/playground/example-demo/ -v service.enabled=false | kapp -y deploy -a app1 -f- # Output template results into a directory $ ytt -f examples/playground/example-demo/ -o /tmp/output-dir
- Kubernetes YAML configuration
- Concourse pipelines
- CloudFoundry BOSH manifests
- AWS CloudFormation configurations
- ...tell us how you use it!
- Templating works on YAML structure, not text
- Includes sandboxed Pythonic scripting language
- Allows to reuse YAML structures via functions
- Allows to merge YAML structures (aka overlays)
- Allows data validation
- Includes optional text templating
Edit files on the left, and see template results on the right. Alternatively, click through above examples to see different features. We do not store or use content entered into playground.